This year, we intervened in PDAC, the world’s largest mining convention in a number of ways!
- We held a panel event entitled “Belly of the Beast: A Biopsy of TO’s Mining & Financial Sectors” Click here to watch video footage of the panelists’ presentations!
- We wrote an article published in Now Toronto entitled “Canadian mining convention ignores harsh reality of deadly industry”
- We organized a Toxic Toronto bus tour ending with a rally at PDAC. Video of rally available here and video of bus tour available here.
- We collaborated with allies in Ecuador, including YASunidos Cuenca, who held a simultaneous solidarity action to counter Ecuador’s narrative at PDAC.
- We intervened in “Ecuador Day” at PDAC, delivering a letter signed by over 20 Ecuadorian organizations condemning mining.
- We responded to the #DisruptMining competition sponsored by Goldcorp by delivering our own ideas on how to truly disrupt mining to Goldcorp’s booth at PDAC. Video here.
- We delivered the “Pay Up and Pack Up” letter signed by 280 organisations worldwide to OceanaGold at PDAC. Video here.